October 8, 2008

Oh my achin' back!

This past weekend I finally had enough motivation to paint my bedroom. (almost 5 months later!) My mom was kind enough to help me again this time. Apparently she didn't get sick of it like I did. So Friday night we decided to tape. That didn't take too long and I figured we would have PLENTY of time to paint two coats on Saturday. Well my mom got to my house about 11:45 on Saturday morning and we started to paint the corners and around the doors.

About an hour into it, we noticed it was drying really splotchy. I called Lowe's and they said it was probably not mixed well enough, even though I stirred it for about 10 minutes. So we had to drive in to Lowe's so they could put it on their mixer. We finally got back to the painting at about 3 pm. I have this amazing paint gun that you just suck the paint up into the handle, and it makes it go alot faster. I thought for sure we could have the first coat done by 5.......yeah right. We finished it at 7:30, thanks to my amazing paint gun being not so amazing. It wouldn't suck up anything into the handle, so I had to try and fix it. Long story short--the gun worked for the first coat but not for the second. So we didn't finish until midnight! Talk about a long day!




Mike even helped by putting together our new headboard.




BEFORE



AFTER


It looks pretty plain right now, but don't worry--I've been dying to start decorating!!

5 comments:

brittney perry said...

ash! this seriously looks like something from hgtv! I am so impressed. how have I never been to your house... what the crap

Anonymous said...

That is a gorgeous head board! Where did you guys get it at?

Sommer and Chris said...

Wow! I need to hire you to come paint my living room! I really want it done-I just don't want to do it!

Becca and Jared Anderson said...

Yeah!!!1 Your bedroom looks awesome! I love the bed. I cry every time I have to paint. It is the worst. I guess that would explain why I haven't done anything new with my house since we moved in :)

Cindy said...

Looks great! So elegant!! Nice choice of colors and the bed spread is gorgeous!