October 23, 2008

All about My Hubby



1. Where did you meet?

Mike and I met when we were fifteen, but if you want to know WHERE we met....it depends on who you ask! :) I remember meeting him at the mall in front of Subway. My best friend was working there at the time, I was there to see her and Mike came with his friend Aaron (who Deidre and I already knew). But since this is all about Mike, we'll go with his story. We met at a stake dance!

2. How long did you date before you got married?

We dated off and on for five years before we got married. Well I guess it was technically four since we didn't date before we were sixteen! ;)

3. How long have you been married?

We have been married for a year and a half, lovin' every minute!!

4. What does he do that surprises you?

This is really hard to explain and I know it sounds weird, but it really surprises me how much he loves his family and always wants to spend time with them. I thought I was really close with my family until I married into his. They really don't seem that close from the outside, but they are. He's always wanting to go see his parents and his nephews (and niece). I love it! We are always having little family gatherings and they aren't even planned. His family is so important to him and I think it's soo awesome.

5. What is your favorite feature of his?

I seriously love everything about him, but if i had to pick one thing.....I love his eyes! Especially when he's happy.

6. What is your favorite quality of his?

It's so hard to choose just one! I give him alot of crap about it, but he is a tightwad when it comes to money! I complain about it alot, because I like to shop, but honestly I'm really glad he likes to have a nice "cushion" (as he calls it). Otherwise, we would be broke!! I also like how he's always sure to tell me he loves me before he leaves the house, or hangs up the phone.

7. Does he have a nickname for you?

Usually it's just "babe".

8. What is his favorite color?

Pretty sure it's red

9. What is his favorite food?

Chicken strips

10. What is his favorite sport?

Motocross :)

11. When and where was your first kiss?

We were fifteen, I don't remember the date. It was right after a basketball game and Mike drove me home. We sat in his truck talking for a few minutes and he reminded me that he was leaving on a cruise with his family in a couple days. We weren't going to see each other again before he left, so he asked something like if I was going to give him a kiss goodbye. Well, being the innocent girl I was, I was thinking he meant on the cheek....so he went for lips, I went for cheek. It was a little awkward! Knowing Mike, he probably doesn't remember this at all! I barely do, that was six years ago!

12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?

Probably camping and motorbiking (even though I'm too slow for him!). We also really like to watch movies together.

13. Do you have any children?

Not yet.

14. Does he have a hidden talent?

I know this isn't "hidden", but he's amazing on his motorbike and sometimes I think he doesn't give himself enough credit. He's also extremely funny! He can always make me laugh, even when I'm upset with him.


15. How old is he?

21

16. Who said I love you first?

I honestly have no idea......but it was probably me since I'm the one who had to chase after him.

17. Whats his favorite type of music?

He like all types of music.

18. What do you admire most about him?

I love how he is such a hard worker! He even works on the weekends sometimes...much to my dismay! When he's not working--I guarantee you he's thinking about work! I love how dependable he is, if he commits to do something-he does it, whether it's his church calling, work, or he just told someone he'd help them out. I have no doubt that he will always take good care of our family.

19. Do you think he will read this?

Eventually...he occasionally looks at our blog! Love you Mikey!!!

3 comments:

Sommer and Chris said...

That was such an awesome tribute to yout hubby! They (we) do have such a close family and I love it! It is nice knowing that if you need anything anyone will be willing to help out~~

Cindy said...

That was adorable!! The things I didnt know! I love my baby brother! And his lovely wife too!

Vertex Stand Up Paddleboards said...

Remember "The List"? That picture of Mike on the boat reminded me of that. "Mike Holst has really big muscles!!!"