October 12, 2008

And they lived happily ever after...

My cousin, Courtney, and Jake Larsen were sealed for time and all eternity yesterday in the Idaho Falls Temple. We had the opportunity to be in the temple for their sealing. It was so awesome, I just watched her face the whole time and I could see just how happy she was! And from the look on Jake's face, I know he loves her so much and will take good care of her.


She picked a great day to get married...the first day it snowed this year! As her dad put it, maybe Heavenly Father was crying tears of joy--and it was so cold, they froze! I thought that was a good way of putting it because it was snowing when Mike and I came out of the temple on our wedding day. At least we hope they were tears of joy!

She looked so pretty in her dress and her bouquet was gorgeous! It was freezing cold, the snow was wet and we didn't want her hair to go flat, so we didn't take very many pictures. But her mom was smart enough to bring a few umbrellas to protect her for the group picture and a few others.


I'm sure she will love me for putting this picture on here, isn't she so beautiful?! I just love her to death. Her and Jake make such a cute couple, we are so happy for them. After the wedding, we headed to the Sandpiper for the luncheon. It was so fun to watch their slideshow and get to know Jake a little better. Music was the first connection they had, they both love music so much. As a gift at the luncheon, they gave everyone a CD they had made of songs describing their courtship. I thought it was such a great idea! The reception was at the Idaho Falls Country Club (the Webb's are big into golfing!) and it was lovely. My sister had her reception there, and let me tell you..it's changed quite a bit! It is such a pretty building now.


Here is a picture of her cake and her bouquet....love them! Her colors were so pretty and fitting for this time of year.



She had peach rings...I love peach rings! She also had sour patch kids, orange slices, butterscotch candies, hot tamales (I think, didn't try them to find out) and some other red and orange candies.

We had to take a picture at the reception because in the picture we took at the luncheon, I look pregnant...which I'm not. I think it's just the dress I was wearing, which Mike just informed me, is not one of his favorites. =[ Oh well, at least he tried to put it nicely.

Her centerpieces were so pretty too! Basically I enjoyed everything about her wedding/reception. Except for this next picture of Mike and I. Once again, I look fat. But this was the better of the pictures we took together! At least Courtney looked good, that's all that matters.

It was a great day, and I'm glad we got to be a part of it. I know Court and Jake will be so happy, and we wish them all the best. I wish they weren't going to be all the way in Logan, hopefully we will still get to see them alot.

Congratulations Courtney & Jake Larsen!!!
WE LOVE YOU!!!

1 comments:

brittney perry said...

A) I love the halloween look. so cute
B) What a freaking cute wedding! Thanks for posting pictures