September 4, 2008

It's Thursday again....

This week I am thankful for my home. We were so fortunate to be able to by a house as soon as we were married. That meant we didn't have to rent an apartment and throw our money away. I am so grateful for that. When we went on the cruise this past January, one of our stops was in Jamaica, and it was so sad to see what some of those people were living in. Some of them were living in caves and used whatever they could find (cardboard, scrap pieces of metal, tree branches) to try and shelter themselves from the elements. Some did have houses, but they were barely staying together. It definently made me realize just how blessed we are! And our house is so much more than just a house, it really is a home where we will be able to raise our family. I'm posting some pictures for Cindy, since she hasn't seen the house since we painted. I haven't painted the whole thing yet, I got a little burned out! :)



4 comments:

brittney perry said...

I wish I had a home... right now I just have this apartment. ugh.

Becca and Jared Anderson said...

I love it--the paint, the decorations, everything!! It is so cute!! I need to have you come over and decorate my house :)

Cindy said...

I think it looks great! Sorry you had to deal with the yellow for so long! I'm glad my house went to good hands!!

Whittney and Ryan said...

oh my gosh your home is adorable! I am so jealous! how are you i am so happy you found my blog!