March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

We usually have Family Home Evening with my parents and my brother's family every Monday night. Since today is St. Patrick's Day, last night we decided to celebrate! We had dinner and watched a movie. Everything we had for dinner was GREEN. My mom made chicken fettucine with broccoli and colored the sauce green. My sister-in-law made green salad, even the salad dressing was green! And of course, green Kool-Aid to drink. I was in charge of dessert and we had green sherbet with little bite size shamrock cookies. When my mom asked the kids if they knew why everything was green, Cody said it was because we are trying to be more environmentally friendly!! :) After we ate, we watched "Darby O'Gill and the Little People". It's a really old movie, I think it was made in 1959! It was fun to celebrate St. Patrick's Day with my family! Here are some pictures of our yummy dinner:


Hope everyone has a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my gosh I love all the green food! That is so much fun! We didn't do anything creative like that for St Patty's Day. I especially love the dessert. So cute!

Whittney and Ryan said...

cute! I love that you guys celebrated St Patrick's Day!