July 13, 2011

4th of July

I love summertime, and the 4th is one of my favorite holidays! This year instead of going to the parade, we had our own parade with the Holst Family!Fourth of July 2011 047  All of the little kids got to decorate their bikes, ride them in the parade, and then the had a little marching band. It was so fun. And actually kind of nice to not have to be around all the people at the Idaho Falls Parade. Although, if we do it again next year, I think the kids will have to throw candy to the parents :) Especially since I’m the one that decorated the bike! I think it looks pretty good though, don’t you?? And the glasses are the BEST part.

Fourth of July 2011 008

Fourth of July 2011 010

Fourth of July 2011 019 All of the kids lined up to show off their bikes.

Fourth of July 2011 030

Playing his Ka-zoo in the marching band.

Fourth of July 2011 037

After the parade, we had a yummy breakfast complete with patriotic sprinkles for our French Toast. ha-ha.

Fourth of July 2011 040

All the older boys left after breakfast to go for a ride on the Harleys, road bikes, and a few in the Cadillac.  So we set up the pool so the kids could swim!

Fourth of July 2011 042

Fourth of July 2011 045

When the guys got back, we had threw together a BBQ for lunch, then it was time to take Triptyn home for a nap.  That night we had a BBQ with my family and then headed down to the river to listen to Mike’s dad’s band play. We decided to ride our bikes this year, and it was the best idea ever! I think we will do that again! Triptyn loves music and danced the whole time, I wish I’d had my camera! It was such a great day, we are so blessed to live in this great country! We love spending time with our families, it doesn’t get any better than that!

1 comments:

morgan and tina said...

it all looks like so much fun! Thanks for updating and I love the family parade idea..that's so much fun! Triptyn looks so old!!