January 12, 2010

My New Year's Resolution.....

is to be more thrifty, particularly in my grocery shopping. I just started clipping coupons on Saturday. I'm hoping that some of you might have some tips or suggestions on how to go about this!! Looking back at 2009, I feel like we wasted soo much money that we could've been saving. So here are a few things I'm going to do, but PLEASE leave me comments on the things you do to save money!
-I've decided to purchase the Wednesday and Sunday papers for a couple weeks, to see if it's worth the subscription for the coupons inside
-I'm going to print coupons from the internet
-Instead of my usual trip to the grocery store to buy everything all at once, I'm going to try to shop the sales
So far, that's all my ideas! I really need some help with this! Oh, and I also want to try and cook more at home (I'm terrible at this) so if you have any recipes you'd like to share....feel free!

1 comments:

Shanna said...

The biggest thing we did to save money was quit eating out. We are lucky to eat out maybe once a month. And its usually a dollar menu. I looked at our checkbook from before we had Rylee and added up the amounts we spent on eating out in a month and it was around $300! $300 on FOOD! Not including the money we spent on groceries too. Tyler quit his gas station junk food addiction which saved a lot and he takes leftovers for lunch every day to work. I also print coupons from coupons.com. My mom saves me all her coupons from their paper and mail them to me. Another thing that helps us is i made a spreadsheet (monthly) in excel where i log in every penny that is spent throughout the month plus bills. Shows you how much money you NEED to live on. I know exactly how much it takes to live for a month, give or take a little. I never saw myself as a budget person. But, since Ty got laid off and i have had to start, i can't believe all the money that we used to throw away and have nothing to show for it. Good luck!