January 26, 2009

The Rubber Band Trick

So today I'm 16 weeks prego. Well, last Friday I wore jeans to work and by 10 o'clock I couldn't stand to have my pants buttoned anymore!! A girl I work with suggested I just use a rubberband to keep my pants up. I didn't realize how depressed I would feel when I wouldn't be able to wear my normal jeans anymore! So I decided it was probably time to buy some maternity clothes. :( My mom and I went shopping all day on Saturday and I must have tried on 50 pairs of maternity jeans. Guess what? They were all too short! So, in other words, I still have no maternity jeans and I'm going to have to keep using the rubber band trick until I can find some. If there are any of you that have freakishly long legs (because apparently I do!!) if you could please help me out! I need to know where I can find LONG maternity jeans!! Thanks! I will try and convince Mike to take some pics so you can all see my little pooch! :)

9 comments:

Christy said...

Of course I don't know this for myself since I haven't been prego, but my friend got this thing called the bella band and it is supposed to help you be able to wear your regular pants longer. Congrats on the little one!!!

Brooke said...

i got mine at old navy. i know that's weird but i had the same problem! i also just bought really low ride jeans and just wore the long tanks to cover the rest! it sucks when you cant wear your normal clothes!

Krissandra said...

Well I don't have the long legs problem! My problem was my pants were to long!! The rubber band trick saved my life there for a while!! Good luck finding some jeans. I would just either by some low rise jeans or some that are stretchy.... Congrats again! And don't be depressed about growing out of your clothes!! Sorry to say you will only grow more!! But in the end it is all worth it I promise!!

Ashley said...

Ash, I didn't know you were prego, that's awesome! I too have freakishly long legs, and it sucked! I found a place that is actually here in town, a lady sells them. I got her card from Dr. Huggins office. I can't remember the name and number etc...but I'll check into it. Maybe check online too. Sometimes they are a little expensive, but it's worth it to be comfortable! Congrats again, and good luck!

Vertex Stand Up Paddleboards said...

You could always try wearing a moo-moo, they're pretty hot, plus it worked for miss freeman!

Angie said...

YOU KNOW, THE MOOMOO IS A WONDERFUL IDEA! I'M SURE MOM WOULD LET YOU BORROW HERS! ORYOU COULD ALWAYS COME DOWN HERE FOR A VISIT! I'LL FIND YOU SOME CLOTHES THAT FIT:-)

Shanna said...

I never wore maternity pants for that reason, but i heard The Gap has long maternity pants. Try a belly sleave from Motherhood Maternity! Send me your email address if you want and we will send you an invite to our blog. shannaford1@juno.com

Kelsey said...

I hate maternity pants! I tried on a bunch but never found any I liked so pretty much my whole pregnancy I was doing the rubber band thing. My regular jeans were way cuter than any maternity clothes I could find. I just got some long tanks that were sure to cover my low-riding jeans. Target and Kohls both have cute maternity clothes if you're still looking. And you're welcome to borrow mine if you want. We are blessing Logan on February 15th. We would LOVE to see you guys soon!

Mandi Bolton said...

I'm glad you found me! :)

Yeah, maternity clothes suck. I had the same problem with the pants being too short.. but since I live on a tropical island, I could just roll them up into capris. I don't know where to tell you to get them from, though. Good luck!

It's so exciting that you're expecting! Do you know what you're having yet?